Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: spark plug?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where can I get the Bosche #4227 and what should they be gapped to? (0.035"??)

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Apexi WS cat-back exhaust, Iceman Intake, JR BTC, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, KYB AGX's, Neuspeed rear lower tie bar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I typed my stuff backwards, but the Iridium's (IK22's) are between 7 & 8 heatrange and I will be running the Bosch in the street and the Iridium's at the track. Gap on the plugs is right at .040 for MSD assisted ignitions and probably around .035 for stock ignitions.

    ------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 11psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, Endyn Kamikazi header, Godspeed testpipe, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S Ultra safeguard v1, RC 370's, Cartech FMU, Vortech regulator, Apex-i
    V-AFC, H&R sports and KYB AGX's,ITR LSD, JR flywheel, Clutch Specialties stage 4, MSD digital 6 & HVC coil, Endyn stepper pulley, NX nitrous and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down.
    Best et ==>13.6 @ 103mph w/ 2.3 60ft on Nitto drag radials @ 8psi of boost

  3. #13
    Inactive Member phicycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2001
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The bosche plugs are available at most any large auto supply. "The old one" comes through again.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got the F6DP's for about $6 for a set of four from Auto Zone... best bang for the buck on the car... I'll be putting them in my special NA R project...

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, 320cc injectors, Cartech adj. FMU, Walbro HP fuel pump, TPS trick in the works, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator, stock intake w/ITR "cool air" resinator, Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, ITR springs, Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar(removed due to mount torn out at present), ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, 205/50WR/15 Kumho Supra 712s, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, Super blue dot 4 brake fluid, B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location
    ...


    YLW 00' Type R #00-1011 with "special tuning" and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

  5. #15
    Inactive Member scsimm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    NAPA $1.99 each part #4227

  6. #16
    Inactive Member registry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2000
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I bought (4) Denso Iridiums IK22's from Richard Ming at Import Development and received my order promptly. I then proceeded to gap (2) of my plugs with a conventional circular gapper and literally broke and bent the iridium center electrode because they were so extremely fragile. I told Rich about it and he said to send them back to him and he would try to warranty them from Denso. Well Denso told him Tuff Sh#t because they said it was "human error/neglect". These plugs are not the same as a conventional plug because the center electrode is extremely small and delicate and they should of put a warning as to proper spark plug gapping, although they never did. I e-mailed Denso.com directly and they never returned my e-mail. It's amazing how some big corparations handle consumer issues for a few lousy dollars. Shame on Denso and I guess I'll stick with my tried and true NGK's from now on.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member phicycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2001
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The "6" heat range in the Bosch plugs is 1.5 ranges colder than stock. I can't understand why anyone would use any other plug, especially considering the price.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    But aren't the Bosche's F6DP (#4227) the 6 heat range? Should we be looking for the 7 range? Perhaps I'm getting the numbers confused.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Apexi WS cat-back exhaust, Iceman Intake, JR BTC, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, KYB AGX's, Neuspeed rear lower tie bar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  9. #19
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    phicycle,

    Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to go get some Bosche's as soon as possible.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Apexi WS cat-back exhaust, Iceman Intake, JR BTC, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, KYB AGX's, Neuspeed rear lower tie bar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  10. #20
    Inactive Member TrustGs-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2001
    Posts
    349
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ditto...

    phicycle and mr. rogers...
    thanks for the info...

    screw these hard to find NGKs I'm running!!!

    larry is the best

    ------------------
    96 gsr hitting 12s
    90 hybrid hatch hitting 14s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •